Number sequences: Find nth term for P(1) = MP(0) + C where M and C are constants

jftp

I want to work out what the nth term is in a sequence where each new term P(1) = MP(0) + C where M and C are constants. I.e. multiply the previous value by M and add C. It's not an arithmetic or geometric sequence but kind of both and I can't work it out. Any clues?

I want to work out what the nth term is in a sequence where each new term P(1) = MP(0) + C where M and C are constants. I.e. multiply the previous value by M and add C. It's not an arithmetic or geometric sequence but kind of both and I can't work it out. Any clues?
Please show us what you have tried, so we can help you with the next step. Keep in mind how we work:

I would start by writing out the first several terms supposing that P(0) = x, M = a, and C = b. You should see a pattern that you can use.

Thank you, that has got me a bit further down the road.
For my terms I get

n
1: x
2: mx+x
3: m(mx+c)+c
4: m(m(mx+c)+c)+c
5: m(m(m(mx+c)+c)+c)+c

I've attempted to expand out the brackets and simplify below

n
2: mx+c
3: m^2x + mc + c
4: m^3x + m^2c + mc + c
5: m^4x + m^3c + m^2c + mc + c

Although this works great for small values of n, I'm not sure I'd want to work out the 100th term. Just thinking about it, it's a lot like working out the balance of an investment. Perhaps I'll have a go at applying the FV = PMT * (1 + r)^n -1 / r formula to it, or am I going off on a completely wrong tangent here?

I've attempted to expand out the brackets and simplify below

n
2: mx+c
3: m^2x + mc + c
4: m^3x + m^2c + mc + c
5: m^4x + m^3c + m^2c + mc + c

Although this works great for small values of n, I'm not sure I'd want to work out the 100th term. Just thinking about it, it's a lot like working out the balance of an investment. Perhaps I'll have a go at applying the FV = PMT * (1 + r)^n -1 / r formula to it, or am I going off on a completely wrong tangent here?
Do you not see the pattern, which easily extends for any n?

5: m^4x + (m^3 + m^2 + m + 1)c​

Do you know the formula for a geometric series? It's related to the formula you show, but more directly relevant.