Observers simultaneously measure the angle of elevation of a drone. One angle is measured as 38 degrees, the other is 73 degrees . If the observers ar

"If the observers ar ... " What?
Observers simultaneously measure the angle of elevation of a drone. One angle is measured as 38 degrees, the other is 73 degrees . If the observers are 28 feet apart and the drone lies over the line joining them, how high is the drone?Use law of sine and right setup equation using right tirangle rule

Observers simultaneously measure the angle of elevation of a drone. One angle is measured as 38 degrees, the other is 73 degrees . If the observers are 28 feet apart and the drone lies over the line joining them, how high is the drone?Use law of sine and right setup equation using right tirangle rule
1636341765902.png
You've drawn an appropriate diagram; the instructions tell you what to do next (though there are other methods that could be used).

Please show your work applying the Law of Sines to find either of the distances to the drone. Once you have that, you can use the appropriate right triangle to find the height.

While I know how to solve just not the way they want me to do it they just want me to use the law of sine to find the missing sides of the traingleScreenshot_20211111-114302_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211111-114302_Gallery.jpg

Your diagram is now wrong, because you added the y:

1636654125391.png

The distance between the observers is 28 ft, not 28 + y. So your first step is wrong:

1636654185124.png

There are valid alternatives to the method they asked for, but let's stick with theirs. Given a triangle with angles 38 and 73 degrees joined by a side of 28 feet, what are the lengths of the other sides, using the Law of Sines? Please make an attempt; if you can't, tell us why.

I was just putting the [y] to illustrate the sides was solving for thats all

Do you understand that the entire base, not just the left side of it, is 28 feet? The calculation I highlighted is wrong because the base of that right triangle you used is not 28. Your approach can't work because you don't have the needed data.

Again, please try using the Law of Sines to find what you call x, or else tell us why you can't.

Hi Adrian. The following use of tangent is wrong because the base of the right triangle is not 28.

[imath]\tan(38\degree) = \frac{h}{28}[/imath]

What is the angle opposite the side measuring 28? That's the other angle to use in Law of Sines, at the beginning.

:)

Would this be right
Hi Adrian. Your setups and solutions look good, but here are some suggestions to improve your work.

The symbols A,B,C (for angle measures) and a,b,c (for side lengths) ought to appear as labels on your diagram.

803F7F72-1CE8-472B-A973-B3C174D8B50C.jpeg
The denominator above is incorrect. Use symbol a for the side length opposite angle A.

0C237EAC-D261-4C67-B76E-42D36FCCD99C.jpeg
Don't write English words in your expressions. Use defined symbols, instead:

[imath]a\cdot \sin(69\degree)[/imath]

CA3A3C96-FF7A-4E17-ABFD-E98A62446091.jpeg
I cannot read what you've written between "18.4649" and "Side A". Be mindful about neatness. Your teachers will appreciate it. Cheers

:)