Optimization help: j = 6 sin pi/4(7t - 1) + 24

G

My teacher has handed out a review sheet for our exam and I've just realised that I was away when we learnt optimization and now I am totally confused. There are about 10 questions like the one below on the sheet and i'm fairly sure that if someone can help me through this I will be able to do the others. PLEASE HELP

j=6 sin pi/4(7t-1)+24

Using optimization show that j has a maximum value for the first time when t=3/7 seconds.

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated

Are you saying that you aren't familiar with what "optimization" means, or that you don't know anything about derivatives, or what?

We can't teach the course you missed last school year, but we can provide links to online resources from which you can make up the missing weeks or months of material. So please provide spedifics about the various sections of last year's syllabus that you haven't yet studied.

Thank you.

Eliz.

I'm in Australia so it's this school year and I have learnt derivatives and all that stuff, I was just away when my class learnt the optimization stuff so I don't really know how to start this question. If someone could please help me with this first question, or at least help me start, i'm sure I could do the rest.

To "optimize", you find the maximum and/or minimum. So you only need to apply what you've learned about derivatives: Take the derivative, apply the First Derivative Test, and go from there.

Eliz.

ok i'm just going to apologise in advance because I know i'm being a complete pain in the "you know where" but would it be possible for someone to walk me through this problem. I'm completely useless at trig differentiation and it's really important that I get this because I have an exam on Tuesday. So please help me out...... i'll name my first child after you..... ok no I won't but please help me anyway

bubby_grl89 said:
My teacher has handed out a review sheet for our exam and I've just realised that I was away when we learnt optimization and now I am totally confused. There are about 10 questions like the one below on the sheet and i'm fairly sure that if someone can help me through this I will be able to do the others. PLEASE HELP

j=6 sin pi/4(7t-1)+24

Using optimization show that j has a maximum value for the first time when t=3/7 seconds.

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated

Your post is ambiguous. Is this it?: \(\displaystyle 6sin(\frac{\pi}{4})(7t-1)+24\)

yea.... ok..... The way I wrote it was the way it was written on my review sheet
Can you help me?