P-Value for linear regression

MiguelGC

Hey all :)

I am stuck on a question for a quiz I am completing and am not sure how to get around it, here is the question:

Stoaches are fictional creatures that nest in truffula forests.
A researcher wants to know whether there is a relationship between a stoach’s wingspan (WW, the predictor) and its nest height (HH, the response). A sample of 67 stoaches is observed, and for each, the wing-span (in cm) and the nest height (in m) are recorded.
The observed data meet the assumptions for a linear regression, so the researcher fits the regression model and obtains a regression equation

h^=−3.938+0.533w
with standard error for the coefficient of ww equal to 0.346.

Determine the pp-value from a test for a statistically significant linear dependence of nest height on wing-span. (Give your answer to 4 decimal places.)

I am sure that i need to divide -3.938/0.346 to get the t-vale, then use this number and n which is 67 the sample size to get the p-vale but my answers are way off, can any one help?

Hey all :)

I am stuck on a question for a quiz I am completing and am not sure how to get around it, here is the question:

Stoaches are fictional creatures that nest in truffula forests.
A researcher wants to know whether there is a relationship between a stoach’s wingspan (WW, the predictor) and its nest height (HH, the response). A sample of 67 stoaches is observed, and for each, the wing-span (in cm) and the nest height (in m) are recorded.
The observed data meet the assumptions for a linear regression, so the researcher fits the regression model and obtains a regression equation

h^=−3.938+0.533w
with standard error for the coefficient of ww equal to 0.346.

Determine the pp-value from a test for a statistically significant linear dependence of nest height on wing-span. (Give your answer to 4 decimal places.)

I am sure that i need to divide -3.938/0.346 to get the t-vale, then use this number and n which is 67 the sample size to get the p-vale but my answers are way off, can any one help?

You are saying:

my answers were way off​

How do you know that?

Please share your work/thoughts about solving this assignment.

By dividing the first equation
- 3.938/0.346 i am getting -7.388836773

when the t value should be a number similar to 1.0 around that, so I don't know what am doing wrong in the first step to find the correct t value.