Please could someone help show the steps to work out. if (4x-6) / 7 = 2 what is x

Jill S x123

New to this so please could you help as simple as possible and show each step … help greatly appreciated.

if (4x-6) / 7 = 2 what is x

New to this so please could you help as simple as possible and show each step … help greatly appreciated.

if (4x-6) / 7 = 2 what is x

You already have loads of worked examples in your textbook, your class notes, and whatever online lessons you've reviewed, so one more worked example isn't likely to make much difference. Now it's time to *do* math!

So please reply with a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far, so that we can see where things are going sideways, and then begin to provide useful helps and hints. (Read Before Posting)

Thank you!

4x-6 is a symbol for a number. That number has NOTHING to do with 4 and -6. Just decide what number when divided by 7 is 2.

Is 1/2=7? 2/2=7? 12/2=7? You can figure that out. Whatever number you decide on that when you divide that number by 2 will gove you 7. then just equate 4x-6 with that number. Then try to solve for x.

If you show us your work, then we can help you better.

You already have loads of worked examples in your textbook, your class notes, and whatever online lessons you've reviewed, so one more worked example isn't likely to make much difference. Now it's time to *do* math!

So please reply with a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far, so that we can see where things are going sideways, and then begin to provide useful helps and hints. (Read Before Posting)

Thank you!
STAPEL - My listing and thoughts are I have no prior efforts having joined this group today for help not assumptions on my pre lessons. I have no prior learning and am trying to gain knowledge and how to work out on this equation. I am a sincere person trying to learn so if you cant help me please dont judge. My sincere apologies if this listing is in the wrong place but I though it best appropriate

STAPEL - My listing and thoughts are I have no prior efforts having joined this group today for help not assumptions on my pre lessons. I have no prior learning and am trying to gain knowledge and how to work out on this equation.

Ah; I had assumed that your were a student in a math class. Now I see that you are doing self-study, perhaps without a textbook.

Unfortunately, it is not reasonably feasible to try here to replace the missing hours of instruction. And one worked example won't be enough to teach you the material. Fortunately, there are loads of lessons available online. [list] ?

Beer induced recall and recommendation follows.
STAPEL - My listing and thoughts are I have no prior efforts having joined this group today for help not assumptions on my pre lessons. I have no prior learning and am trying to gain knowledge and how to work out on this equation. I am a sincere person trying to learn so if you cant help me please dont judge. My sincere apologies if this listing is in the wrong place but I though it best appropriate
Click on that Algebra 1 Full Course stuff.

(4x-6) / 7 = 2 what is x
To solve [imath]\dfrac{(4x-6)}{7}=2[/imath] follow these steps.
1) multiply both sides by 7,
2) then add 6 to both sides.
3) lastly, divide by 4.

Last edited: