Please help me!! This is a word problem I had to make for business statistics.....

laceylee

Ok so I have gotten pretty far in a Stats expample I had to make up, but I have completely forgotten how to go from here!!!! After this step I am supposed to apply it to the t-table, make a visual of a bell shaped curve and determine whether to accept or reject the null hypothesis. Now...let me tell you, my professor is a stickler and wants it his way or no way! EEKKKS!!!!!! :eek: So I am reaching out to all you smart people on here to give me some guidance....Here's what I have so far....ooooooh, and P.S. this is due in 9 hours lol....

The United States Medical Board found women living in poverty give birth to an average weight of babies being 2800 grams (the nations average is 3300 grams so this raised question). The U.S.M.B. would like to conduct a test to see if mothers who live in poverty and are given free prenatal care will have babies who weigh significantly higher and closer to the nations average. Twenty-five mothers all living in poverty were used to conduct this sample, the average weight of their babies were 3075 grams and had a standard deviation of 300 grams. Has the program been effective in raising the birth weight of these babies compared to before and after the prenatal care?
1. Null Hypothesis- H0: μ=2800 grams
Alternate Hypothesis- HA: μ ≥ 2800 grams
2. a= .05 (level of significance)
3. Sample average= 3075 grams
Population average= 2800 grams
Standard Deviation= 300 grams
Sample size= 25
3075g-2800g
---------------= 4.58
300 ÷ √25

Now I am to the question-
-----Compare the observed value of the statistic to the critical value obtained for the chosen a(level of significance)
(Now he wants us to draw out a bell shape curve and show the reject region, which I am sure I can handle that if someone can help me get this one under control....I would greatly appreciate it!!!!)​
I just cannot put my finger on where to go from here, I am a straight A student in my junior year and am very concerned with how much this is worrying me. Please help me if you truly can! :confused:

Ok so I have gotten pretty far in a Stats expample I had to make up, but I have completely forgotten how to go from here!!!! After this step I am supposed to apply it to the t-table, make a visual of a bell shaped curve and determine whether to accept or reject the null hypothesis. Now...let me tell you, my professor is a stickler and wants it his way or no way! EEKKKS!!!!!! :eek: So I am reaching out to all you smart people on here to give me some guidance....Here's what I have so far....ooooooh, and P.S. this is due in 9 hours lol....

The United States Medical Board found women living in poverty give birth to an average weight of babies being 2800 grams (the nations average is 3300 grams so this raised question). The U.S.M.B. would like to conduct a test to see if mothers who live in poverty and are given free prenatal care will have babies who weigh significantly higher and closer to the nations average. Twenty-five mothers all living in poverty were used to conduct this sample, the average weight of their babies were 3075 grams and had a standard deviation of 300 grams. Has the program been effective in raising the birth weight of these babies compared to before and after the prenatal care?
1. Null Hypothesis- H0: μ=2800 grams
Alternate Hypothesis- HA: μ ≥ 2800 grams
2. a= .05 (level of significance)
3. Sample average= 3075 grams
Population average= 2800 grams
Standard Deviation= 300 grams
Sample size= 25
3075g-2800g
---------------= 4.58
300 ÷ √25

Now I am to the question-
-----Compare the observed value of the statistic to the critical value obtained for the chosen a(level of significance)
(Now he wants us to draw out a bell shape curve and show the reject region, which I am sure I can handle that if someone can help me get this one under control....I would greatly appreciate it!!!!)​
I just cannot put my finger on where to go from here, I am a straight A student in my junior year and am very concerned with how much this is worrying me. Please help me if you truly can! :confused:

Repost: http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/78954-I-need-some-help!!!!-Please!!!!!

I reposted it here because it is business statistics so I figured that someone doing business math may see it and guide me into the right direction. I have had a reply a couple of hours ago which I answered and have yet to get another response. Maybe it takes someone who knows business statistics to help, not just regular statistics. Today is my first day trying to get help with anything on here. I just really need some help, it would be nice, I have gone a great distance in making this word problem and now am stuck on my own construction, its very frustrating.:?