Please help soving 3rd part of this question - I have tried taylor's expansion but I am not sure if this is the right answer

The notation here seems very odd. I think they are talking about the directional derivative, but in the questions the subscripts seem to be just sets of variables rather than vectors.
Odd indeed. Is it possible that in the case of [imath]\nabla_{x,y} f[/imath] they mean [imath]\mathbf = (x,y,0,0,0)[/imath]?
Probably you are expected to use your second answer to help with the third.
Is the numbering zero-based?

Odd indeed. Is it possible that in the case of [imath]\nabla_{x,y} f[/imath] they mean [imath]\mathbf = (x,y,0,0,0)[/imath]?
My impression is that the notation means "the gradient of f, considered as a function of only x and y, with the other variables treated as parameters"

Is the numbering zero-based?
I'm not sure what you're saying here, but I was talking about the answer in the second blue box ([imath]\nabla_{a,b,c} f(x,y;a,b,c)[/imath]) being used to find the answer in the third blue box (the approximation).

I'm not sure what you're saying here, but I was talking about the answer in the second blue box
My mistake, and my apologies. I saw four bullet items and somehow missed the fact that only three of them are questions.

My impression is that the notation means "the gradient of f, considered as a function of only x and y, with the other variables treated as parameters"
It looks to me that those are equivalent definition since by [imath](x,y,0,0,0)[/imath] I meant a (direction) vector, not a point.