Please help with determining an "average"

wirefree

Greetings.

I am submitting some of my initial workings on the problem. I will state my question clearly thereafter and hope one of you will be able to guide me.

Aim: Find the number of "average veterinary practices".

Information:
1) There are two types of veterinary practices: 'Primary Care' (95%) and 'Emergency Care' (5%), for a total of 15000.

2) For the sake of simplicity, we will define an "average veterinary practice" in terms of the average number of doctors it employs.

3)
25% of veterinary practices (or 3750) are 1 doctor Primary Care practices and have an average of 1 doctor
30% of veterinary practices (or 4500) are 2 doctor Primary Care practices and have an average of 2 doctors
40% of veterinary practices (or 6000) are 3+ doctor Primary Care practices and have an average of 4.6 doctors
5% of veterinary practices (or 750) are Emergency Care practices and have an average of 4 doctors

Note: It is given that the average # of doctors across all Primary Care veterinary practices is 2.7

Question 1:
Since the average # of doctors across both types of veterinary practices is .95*2.7+.05*4 = 2.76, could the number of veterinary practices that may be considered "average", in terms of the number of doctors employed, be 95% of hospitals or 14,250?

Question 2:
Should the above be correct, is it also correct to state that 95% of the 14250 "average veterinary practices" are Primary Care and the rest are Emergency Care?

Would greatly appreciate some guidance.

Best regards,
wirefree