Please help with LARGE exponents: the full print out of 2^16,000,000

Tevian

I've been looking for an answer to this for a while now. Why is this so hard to find?

I need the full print out of 2^16,000,000.

I'm know your thinking, "why the **** would you want the whole **** number?". Let's just say its a science experiment... :cool:

I have found an answer but its always in scientific notation and that's not what i need. I need the whole thing. Yes I know it will be really LARGE. The closest thing I can find is calculatorpro.com (exponent calc) that will spit out the whole number but stops working at about 2^1,000,000. That's not enough! I'm told Wolfram Alpha can do it, but looks like I would need to pay for the Pro version to get what I want. Google just tells me its "infinity". What a load! Thanks for nothing Google! I've also tried bncalc but doesn't seem to work with numbers that large. Where can I find a REAL calculator to figure this out?

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. ;-)

It's nearly five million digits long. Good luck. :shock:

:confused::cry: I've lost all faith in humanity.

Yes I know it's big. Yes I know it's 5 million digits. No its not infinity. Yes Wolfram Alpha can calculate it but only to a limited number of digits unless I pay for the Pro version. Why is this an impossible task? This is a legitimate requests. I can go download 50 million digits of pi. Where can I download 2^16,000,000? Or where can I get a program that will do this?

Thx...:|

:confused::cry: I've lost all faith in humanity.

Yes I know it's big. Yes I know it's 5 million digits. No its not infinity. Yes Wolfram Alpha can calculate it but only to a limited number of digits unless I pay for the Pro version. Why is this an impossible task? This is a legitimate requests. I can go download 50 million digits of pi. Where can I download 2^16,000,000? Or where can I get a program that will do this?

Thx...:|

What do you mean .... "I've lost all faith in humanity".

You want somebody to do a job for free - that you don't have neither skills nor the time to do.

Why such selfish behavior?

I can't for the life of me imagine what you're doing that you need the exact decimal representation of 216,000,000, but I believe WolframAlpha Pro is your only option. I know of no other calculator, free or otherwise that can do what you're asking. The calculations required to generate an exact decimal representation of a number that absurdly large are very intense, and so somebody has to pay for the computational time. The reason why you can easily and freely download the first 50 million (or more) digits of pi is because someone else already ran the calculations. Finding new digits of pi is a competition and/or a hobby for some people... but finding decimal representations of large powers of 2? Not so much. So, if the exact answer is really that important to you, just buy one month of WolframAlpha Pro for $6 (US dollars) and be done with it.

Ok. I apologize. I've been pursuing this for a while now, but this is the first attempt to seek outside help.

Subhotosh: At the moment I don't have the information to construct my own program to aid in my pursuit. However I'm confident that I could give enough time. I avoided this route because there are many talented people out there writing freeware calculators. I just can't figure our why they are limited in the number of digits they produce. This seems more of a self imposed limit. If I want my computer crunching for days that's my business.... Sorry. I know this is not the place for this kind of discussion.

As to the reason for needed it. We'll is going to be a visual aid for a theoretical discussion of the limits of human perception and how it relates to the digital world. I know. Not the place to discuss.

I will try elsewhere. Thanks for putting up with me. I still have faith in humanity. And I will try to be less selfish in the future... :rolleyes: :eek:

I never called you dumb man. Don't take it personally. I know I won't. Peace. :cool:

...there are many talented people out there writing freeware calculators. I just can't figure our why they are limited in the number of digits they produce. This seems more of a self imposed limit.
No; it's a technical limit. Do a little research on "floating point arithmetic" and computing engines. If you want more digits, you'll have to pay for extra power and different computing methods. Hence: Wolfram Alpha (or something else) Pro. ;)

My son Rishi Khan (his speciality is high speed computing) wrote the following program:

The following url shows how to do unlimited precision integer math using libgmp and boost. The example is 1000!. I'll leave it as an exercise as to how to do 2^16000000.
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_58_...ml/boost_multiprecision/tut/ints/gmp_int.html
This code is how you do it in c (taken from this tutorial: https://www.cs.colorado.edu/~srirams/classes/doku.php/gmp_usage_tutorial ):
#include "gmp.h"
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <assert.h>

void fact(int n){
int i;
mpz_t p;

mpz_init_set_ui(p,1); /* p = 1 */
for (i=1; i <= n ; ++i){
mpz_mul_ui(p,p,i); /* p = p * i */
}
printf ("%d! = ", n);