Posting Link Within FMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathdad

I think the more questions posted the easier it is to find links to similar ptoblems within FMH forum to help others without having to answer each question. For example, if I need help with a distance word problem that someone else posted at another time, why not simply post the link of the similar question for me to use as an example? I hope this is clear. What do you say?

One might ask why you then don't simply search the archives for problems similar to your problem of the moment rather than make responders dig through the archives to find such problems.

What do you say?

I think the more questions posted the easier it is to find links to similar ptoblems within FMH forum to help others ... What do you say?
I think you're posting way too much (500+ posts in less than a month), and I don't see many of your threads offering much help to other students -- especially the threads where you don't pay attention to guidance, can't understand your own typing, whine, start arguments, change the subject, jump to wild conclusions, put words into other people's mouth and/or abandon your thread (eg: "forget it", "moving on", etc).

\(\;\)

... why not simply post the link of the similar question for me to use as an example?
Because it would take much longer for me to determine whether an appropriate thread already exists in the forum than it would take to simply provide tutoring.

This is a tutoring forum for serious students. It's not facebook.

\(\;\)

One might ask why you then don't simply search the archives for problems similar to your problem of the moment rather than make responders dig through the archives to find such problems.

What do you say?

Good idea.

I think you're posting way too much (500+ posts in less than a month), and I don't see many of your threads offering much help to other students -- especially the threads where you don't pay attention to guidance, can't understand your own typing, whine, start arguments, change the subject, jump to wild conclusions, put words into other people's mouth and/or abandon your thread (eg: "forget it", "moving on", etc).

\(\;\)

Because it would take much longer for me to determine whether an appropriate thread already exists in the forum than it would take to simply provide tutoring.

This is a tutoring forum for serious students. It's not facebook.

\(\;\)

I did not know my questions exceed 500. I will not post as many. I would much rather post fewer questions and learn more at a slower rate.

I would make one suggestion...instead of posting multiple threads in succession on the same type of problem, post just one, wait for help with that, and then see if you can apply the help you receive for that problem to the other related problems first before posting them. :)

I would make one suggestion...instead of posting multiple threads in succession on the same type of problem, post just one, wait for help with that, and then see if you can apply the help you receive for that problem to the other related problems first before posting them. :)

Great suggestion. Ok. I will do so from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.