Probability 13 numbers

Wookka

Hi all,

I have a question and I'll try to explain it as good as I can.

Imagine this as a virtual racing game where I have to guess the winner or first 3 of the next game.
There are 13 numbers from 1 to 13.

If I know what the first 4 numbers were from the previous, like 5 or 6 games, is there any way to calculate the first 3 numbers off the upcoming game?

Ex.
4-11-3-9
2-7-3-11
6-2-8-3
4-2-7-11
3-1-9-4
?-?-?-?

Thanks.

I have a question and I'll try to explain it as [well] as I can.

Imagine this as a virtual racing game where I have to guess the winner or first 3 of the next game. There are 13 numbers from 1 to 13.
For what do these numbers stand? Are they perhaps lane assignments, or numbers assigned to racers, or something similar?

If I know what the first 4 numbers were from the previous, like 5 or 6 games, is there any way to calculate the first 3 numbers off the upcoming game?
Lacking other information (such as the meaning of the numbers, how the "numbers" from one race might relate to the "numbers" in another race, the skills or other properties of the racers, etc), I see no way to make any particular determination.

Please reply with the full and exact text of the original homework problem; the complete instructions; any related graphs, pictures, or "understood" conditions from that section of the textbook or group of exercises; and a clear statement of your efforts so far; so we can get a better idea of what is going on. Thank you! ;)