Probability and # of Flowers

alexanderdizon

IMG_20210528_114345.jpg
Can you help me answer this?
Thank you. I need to find the total number of flowers sold and the the remaining probability.

We are just instructed to complete the table. Like the probability in total should be in percent. So she made the fraction in percent. So the two are given. We have to find out and complete the table. It only says that the table below shows the number of the flowers sold in a flowershop

Once we got the table complete, we have to answer like which flower has the highest probability to be sold

The probability has to add up to 1. Suppose you let p(Lilly) = x. Then what is P( Red Rose)? How about P(Sunflower)? Find x. Then fill in the middle column.

The probabilities add up to 1.
[MATH]\frac{5}{33} + \frac{3}{11}=\frac{14}{33}[/MATH]so the three blanks must add up to [MATH]\frac{19}{33}[/MATH]
so [MATH]\frac{50+15+30}{\text{total number}}= \frac{19}{33}[/MATH]
[MATH]\frac{95}{\text{total number}}= \frac{19}{33}= \frac{95}{165}[/MATH]
Hopefully you can complete the question.

Because I am not so clever, I’d do this as a set of simultaneous equations

w = number of white roses
d = number of daisies
f = number of flowers

[MATH]50 + w + d +15 + 30 = f \implies f = d + w + 95.[/MATH]
[MATH]\dfrac{w}{f} = \dfrac{5}{33} \implies w = \dfrac{5f}{33}.[/MATH]
[MATH]\dfrac{d}{f} = \dfrac{3}{11} \implies d = \dfrac{3f}{11} = \dfrac{9f}{33}.[/MATH]
You are allowed to remember first year algebra in more advanced course. And once you know f, the rest of the problem requires second year arithmetic. There was a reason you took those courses.