Probability blood type

snsdno1234567

People with type O− blood can donate blood to all other blood groups, but they can receive type O− blood. Approximately 7% of people have type O− blood. Suppose a person needs type O− blood, and 10 people volunteer to donate blood. What is the probability that at least one of the 10 people hasO− blood?

I wanted to do 1-P(none were blood type o-)= 1-0.93= 0.07. Is this correct

You're heading in the right direction, but you haven't taken into account the 10 people in the sample. You just got back to the 7% you were given!

People with type O− blood can donate blood to all other blood groups, but they can receive type O− blood. Approximately 7% of people have type O− blood. Suppose a person needs type O− blood, and 10 people volunteer to donate blood. What is the probability that at least one of the 10 people hasO− blood?

Well having \(\displaystyle 0^-\) blood is an independent event. The probability of not having it, \(\displaystyle \mathcal{P}(\neg O^-)=0.93 \)
So we have ten independent events. So how is that handled?

No. You haven't taken into account that there are 10 volunteers. Have you learnt about binomial distributions?

EDIT: Great minds …. Dr Peterson. I actually wrote my response before I read yours!

No. You haven't taken into account that there are 10 volunteers. Have you learnt about binomial distributions?

EDIT: Great minds …. Dr Peterson. I actually wrote my response before I read yours!
We havent got to that yet. So far just addition/ multiplication and independent/dependent.
Would it be correct if I do 0.07^10 since it is independent event

So would it be 1-(0.93)^0=0?
@snsdno, this is a matter in reading. What the question demands is that among the ten volunteers there is at least one who is \(\displaystyle O^-\)
Now at least one is the opposite of none: \(\displaystyle 1-(0.93)^{10}\)

1-0.93^10
If by \(\displaystyle 1-0.93^{10}\) you mean \(\displaystyle 1-(0.93)^{10}\) then yes that is correct.
Among ten unrelated people the probability that none is \(\displaystyle \mathcal{O}^-\) is \(\displaystyle (0.93)^{10}\).
Thus the probability that at least one is \(\displaystyle \mathcal{O}^-\) equal \(\displaystyle 1-(0.93)^{10}\)