Probability Question

rosie123

The Blue Jays are underdogs in a best-of-five playoff series against Boston. The probability of the Jays winning each game is 0.375. If the Jays win the first game in this series, what is the probability they will win the series? (Hint: draw a tree diagram and consider each case that would lead to the Jays winning the series.)

Answer should be 48%, just don't know how to solve for it

The Blue Jays are underdogs in a best-of-five playoff series against Boston. The probability of the Jays winning each game is 0.375. If the Jays win the first game in this series, what is the probability they will win the series? (Hint: draw a tree diagram and consider each case that would lead to the Jays winning the series.)

Answer should be 48%, just don't know how to solve for it
Did you draw the tree diagram as the hint in the problem suggested?

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

So what I have done so far is start the tree diagram with Blue Jays and Boston and have each of them branch out 5 times with either win or lose. I'm not sure what to do after that or if that's even how I should approach this problem

I am also stuck on this question. Here is the tree diagram I drew out. But from here I do not know how to approach the question.

Attachments

• IMG_9039.jpeg
    IMG_9039.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4
Ok, so W stands for the Jays winning, and L stands for them losing. Good.
Reading along the branches, list the 16 possible outcomes of the remaining 4 games assuming all 5 games are played (we'll worry about the best of five bit later).
To get you started:
WWWW
WWWL
WWLW
WWLL, etc.