Probability Theory Help Needed

Derrick99

In a printing shop, print requests arrive randomly and independently at an average rate of 20 per hour and are placed in a queue according to arrival times. Suppose that the time it takes to process each request is exponentially distributed and that the print times for different jobs are independent.
(a) Calculate the probability that this printer will be idle for the next 5 minutes if the queue is currently empty.
(b) A particular printer in this shop is capable of printing five pages per minute. The average request results in ten printed pages of the poster.
(i) Calculate the probability that the next request will take more than 2 minutes to process.
(ii)There is currently one job in the queue and it has been active for the last 5 minutes. Calculate the probability that this job will still be active 1 minute from now.
(iii) State the property of the distribution that you can see from the result in (ii).
(iv) There are currently five jobs in the queue - one active and four waiting to be processed. A new customer submits a job to this printer and it becomes the sixth job in the queue. Calculate the probability that he will have to wait more than 5 minutes for the printer to begin processing his job?.
(v)Assume that the time between consecutive jobs in the queue is negligible. Name the alternative distribution of the random variable that you are considering in (iv).

Really need help to clear my doubt. Your help is highly appreciated.
What "doubt" are you talking about? You simply stated a homework problem without showing any work or saying anything about it. There was no mention of a "doubt".

What "doubt" are you talking about? You simply stated a homework problem without showing any work or saying anything about it. There was no mention of a "doubt".
I need help to check on my work as I’m not sure whether it’s correct or not and some part I’m not manage to solve it so I hope someone can give me tips on doing this homework. I did show my working on above session. Sorry for inconvenience caused I’m first time asking questions here still not familiar with the system pls do tolerate.

In a printing shop, print requests arrive randomly and independently at an average rate of 20 per hour and are placed in a queue according to arrival times. Suppose that the time it takes to process each request is exponentially distributed and that the print times for different jobs are independent.
(a) Calculate the probability that this printer will be idle for the next 5 minutes if the queue is currently empty.
(b) A particular printer in this shop is capable of printing five pages per minute. The average request results in ten printed pages of the poster.
(i) Calculate the probability that the next request will take more than 2 minutes to process.
(ii)There is currently one job in the queue and it has been active for the last 5 minutes. Calculate the probability that this job will still be active 1 minute from now.
(iii) State the property of the distribution that you can see from the result in (ii).
(iv) There are currently five jobs in the queue - one active and four waiting to be processed. A new customer submits a job to this printer and it becomes the sixth job in the queue. Calculate the probability that he will have to wait more than 5 minutes for the printer to begin processing his job?.
(v)Assume that the time between consecutive jobs in the queue is negligible. Name the alternative distribution of the random variable that you are considering in (iv).
5497EE0A-6F9C-4A46-8F61-481419D41D47.jpeg