Probability

Ashna

Many states in U.S.A have a lottery game, usually called a Pick-4, in which you pick a four-digit number such as 7359. During the lottery drawing, there are four bins, each containing balls numbered 0 through 9. One ball is drawn from each bin to form the four-digit winning number.

a. There are many variations of this game. The primary variation allows you to win if the four digits in your number are selected in any order as long as they are the same four digits as obtained by the lottery agency. For example, if you pick four digits making the number 1265, then you will win if 1265, 2615, 5216, 6521, and so forth, are drawn. The variations of the lottery game depend on how many unique digits are in your number. Consider the versions of this game. Find the probability that you will win this lottery in each of these situations.
i. All four digits are unique (e.g., 1234)
ii. Two digits each appear twice (e.g., 2121 or 5588)

my answers are
i. p = 12/10000 = 0.0012
ii. p = 24/10000= 0.0024

is the answers correct and can anyone please help me if its incorrect

Tell us how you got your answers so we can help you.

You say that there are 12 ways to win in the first case. Can you list the winning numbers? Did you think about the list to try to verify your solution? Same for the 2nd case.