Problem: how to obtain correct multi-choice accuracy for cash win/lose/skip

hairyllama

This is a seemingly easy problem that I have come up with a couple of answers for and am still not sure one, or both are correct or not.

There are 3 possible correct answers, and 3 possible guesses (1 each) to those answers.

If guessed randomly, any choice should receive a 33% accuracy.

Our scenario receives a 44% accuracy.

Choices resulting actions:
#1 Win $1 dollar.
#2 Lose $1 dollar.
#3, Chose to not make a choice - no win nor lose.

What are the total dollars in the account assuming 100 guesses at 44% accuracy, and what is the adjusted accuracy % when #3 is removed because it was not a valid action?

Which is correct, 16%, 22%, or 33% accuracy? Would I make 33 dollars out of 100 if the 3rd choice were removed?

Hi. You really need to read or re-read the guideline that you saw when you posted your question.
In order to receive help you need to show us what you tried so we can have some idea what technique you want to use and where you seem to be having trouble.
So please post your work and we will carefully look at it. Thanks

This is a seemingly easy problem that I have come up with a couple of answers for and am still not sure one, or both are correct or not.

There are 3 possible correct answers, and 3 possible guesses (1 each) to those answers.

If guessed randomly, any choice should receive a 33% accuracy.

Our scenario receives a 44% accuracy.

Choices resulting actions:
#1 Win $1 dollar.
#2 Lose $1 dollar.
#3, Chose to not make a choice - no win nor lose.

What are the total dollars in the account assuming 100 guesses at 44% accuracy, and what is the adjusted accuracy % when #3 is removed because it was not a valid action?
If this is a problem from a book, please copy it exactly and completely. Then show what you tried.

If this is some problem you are making up, your description is not coherent enough to know even where to start. You need to be clearer. Are there three possible correct answers? How many answers are there in total? And do you mean you get three guesses to choose one of the correct answers?

Last edited: