Problem solving question:

odcruzjr13

Can anyone help me with this please. Thank you.

A 2kg bag of frozen oven chips has an energy value of 3 600kcal and contains 2.5% fibre by weight. What is the weight of fibre in a 150gram portion? The given answer is 3.75g, but i do not know the solution how they they manage to get 3.75g. Please show me how, thank you.

A 2kg bag of frozen oven chips has an energy value of 3 600kcal and contains 2.5% fibre by weight. What is the weight of fibre in a 150gram portion? The given answer is 3.75g, but i do not know the solution how they they manage to get 3.75g. Please show me how, thank you.

What are your thoughts? What have you done so far? Please show us your work even if you feel that it is wrong so we may try to help you. You might also read
http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/78006-Read-Before-Posting

As a hint, if something contains 2.5% by weight, that means it contains 2.5 grams per 100 grams of material. So how much total fibre does 100 g of frozen oven chips contain. How much for 150 g?

What does 2.5% mean to you?

It should mean that:

In 100 grams portion, there are 2.5 grams of fiber.

In 200 grams portion, there are (2.5*2 = ) 5 grams of fiber.

In 150 grams portion, there are (2.5*1.5 = ) ? grams of fiber.