Problem with math: if it's given that we do 3 cakes per minute, then how much time will 1 cake take?

Ryan$

Hi guys, in brief
if it's given that we do 3 cakes per minute, then how much time will 1 cake take?
how can I find that? .....

That depends on what it means to "do" a cake!

If "doing" means baking, then one cake will take the same amount of time as three cakes.

If it means shaping a cake, and one person is doing them, one at a time, then one cake will take 1/3 as long as three.

Hi guys, in brief
if it's given that we do 3 cakes per minute, then how much time will 1 cake take?
There are sixty seconds in one minute. Now think about it. What is your answer?

Sorry about that question but my problem actually not with math , with how to connect math and with what's going on, for example what does it mean "per" ? is it means in math division? that's my point of the post! , if so then why per means "/" ? thanks alot

I'm sure Jomo will swoop in with his Superman cape and save the day...

Sorry about that question but my problem actually not with math , with how to connect math and with what's going on, for example what does it mean "per" ? is it means in math division? that's my point of the post! , if so then why per means "/" ? thanks alot
The word "per" means "for each". In some problems, that refers to each of several groups having the same size, so the problems are solved by division. That is not necessarily true, but depends on other details of the problem and what is asked for.

In this example, "3 cakes per minute" means "3 cakes in one minute", and also suggests a proportionality, that is, that every minute is the same. In my previous answer I pointed out that we can't assume proportionality, but need to determine it based on details of the situation. Since no details are stated, I wouldn't want to answer without more knowledge.

… my problem actually not with math …
Really? You titled this thread, "Problem with math…"

… what does it mean "per" ? …
What part of the dictionary definition do you not understand?

Replace the word "per" with "each." Are you still confused?

?

but if I said (a/b)=c, what does that mean? for each b I have c?
To simply it more for you, I'm finding it hard to understand what "division" is, so I'm not succeeding connecting it with solving the problems, that's why ..

so it would be just honored if you illustrate what does devision of b/a = c means

but if I said (a/b)=c, what does that mean? for each b I have c?
To simply it more for you, I'm finding it hard to understand what "division" is, so I'm not succeeding connecting it with solving the problems, that's why ..

so it would be just honored if you illustrate what does devision of b/a = c means
The meaning of a/b=c is that c is the unique number such that a=bc. That is, division is the inverse of multiplication.

Each operation has many possible applications. But you can't really say "for each b I have c", because b and c are numbers! "For each 2 I have 3?" On the other hand, if, say, a is the number of legs in a group of identical animals, and b is the number of legs on one of them (i.e. on each dog), then a/b is the number of animals, since the number of animals times the number of legs per animal is the total number of legs.

But remember that each type of problem has its own interpretation. We could also have a=number of legs, b=number of animals, and c=number of legs per animal. (This way, "b" is what you are counting "per".)

Hi guys, I will not open a new thread for, I'm still confused about this and I don't think I'm stupid that I can fathom that feature of math.

lets assume I have a machine which each hour there's 4outputs, how many outputs would be on 100 hours? how can I solve by depending on what's given on the question?
maybe it's simple for others but for me not simple! can someone explain to me in relation of mathematics what does "each hour there's 4 outputs" ..and how can that help me to calculate over 100 hours?

lets assume I have a machine which each hour there's 4outputs, how many outputs would be on 100 hours? how can I solve by depending on what's given on the question? Maybe it's simple for others but for me not simple! can someone explain to me in relation of mathematics what does "each hour there's 4 outputs" ..and how can that help me to calculate over 100 hours?
How many would you have if the machine ran for two hours?
How many would you have if the machine ran for ten hours? That is five times two.
How many would you have if the machine ran for fifty hours? That is five times ten.
How many would you have if the machine ran for hundred hours? That is two times fifty.

"I have a machine which each hour there's 4 outputs".

So there are "4 outputs per hour" or 4 outputs/hour. To get simply "outputs" I need to get rid that "hour" in the denominator so I need to multiply by some number of hours. If there are 4 outputs in each hour then in 100 hours there are (4 outputs/hour)(100 hours)= 400 outputs.

How, exactly, did you originally learn multiplication? What was your concept of it? Most people learn something like "if you have 4 boxes and each box contains 5 toys then to find the total number of toys, you multiply: 4 times 5 equals 20 toys" (or 5 toys/box times 4 boxes equals 20 toys). Here, each hour "contains" 4 outputs and we have 100 hours then there are 4(100)= 400 outputs.

Hi guys, in brief
small cake: 12 seconds
medium cake: 20 seconds
large cake: 28 seconds

Please make 'em carrot cakes...