Problem with the spherical coordinate system

sagisend

Hi everyone,
I have a problem where I get a sphere with it's center on (0,0,0.5), how do i convert it to spherical coordiantes when it's center isn't on the center of the axes?
I tried establishing a new varible u=z-0.5 creating a new axes system but it doesn't seem to get me anywhere.. would love some help,
1592637814482.png
my attempt,getting 0:
1592639555614.png
thank you.

Last edited:
noticed I eccidentally put 2pi there, apologies.
updated solution with wrong answer.
1592641499876.png

Please show the entire actual wording of the problem you are solving. It isn't clear what your goal is, why you want to use spherical coordinates, and so on.

I'm trying to solve the triple integral shown above, I'm using spherical coordinates because it seems like the right way of solving it, with all of the (x^2+y^2+z^2) expressions in the problem. The expression in the [] is the answer for the excercise.
There isn't acutally any additional wording to the problem except for "solve the integral".
anything else unclear? :)

Hi everyone,
I have a problem where I get a sphere with it's center on (0,0,0.5), how do i convert it to spherical coordiantes when it's center isn't on the center of the axes?
In rectangular coordinates your equation is [MATH]x^2+y^2+(z-\frac 1 2)^2=\frac 1 4[/MATH]. Expand it to get [MATH]x^2+y^2+z^2 -z = 0[/MATH]. Now use [MATH]x^2+y^2+z^2=\rho^2[/MATH] and [MATH]z=\rho\cos\phi[/MATH] to wind up with the equation [MATH]\rho =\cos\phi[/MATH] in spherical coordinates. No translation of axes necessary.