Proof for the statement: "the equation ax+by+c=0 always expresses only 1 line"

Zach001

Can I get the proof for the statement: "the equation ax+by+c=0 always expresses only 1 line"

Can I get the proof for the statement: "the equation ax+by+c=0 always expresses only 1 line"
This depends on what you consider "proof". I.e., what is the set of axioms and/or theorems which we can take for granted ?

Would it be enough to prove that any 3 points satisfying the equation lie on a straight line? In this case we can refer to Euclid's axioms, i.e., there is exactly one straight line for any pair of points.

Suppose that [imath]\ell_1~\&~\ell_2[/imath] are two lines represented by the general linear equation [imath]Ax+By+C=0[/imath]
Can you explain the following? From the given there must be a point [imath](p,q)[/imath]. on one of lines but not the other.
Say it is is on [imath]\ell_1[/imath]. Because [imath]Ax+By+C=0[/imath] determines [imath]\ell_1[/imath] we have [imath]Ap+Bq+C=0[/imath], WHY?
Now can you explain why [imath](p,q)\notin\ell_2\text{ means that }Ap+Bq+C\ne 0~?[/imath]
Please reply with what you are able to do.

[imath][/imath][imath][/imath][imath][/imath] [imath][/imath][imath][/imath][imath][/imath]