Proof for this theorem?

For the first part, a<x+y - you could google "triangle inequality". You could attempt proving e.g. using the cosine rule.
For the second part: x+y<b+c, the problem is not fully specified. You need some extra information e.g. are [MATH]\angle [/MATH]PRC and [MATH]\angle [/MATH]PCR both acute angles or does [MATH]\bigtriangleup[/MATH]PRC have to be wholly within [MATH]\bigtriangleup[/MATH]ARC? etc...

(If [MATH]\bigtriangleup[/MATH]PBC has to be wholly within [MATH]\bigtriangleup[/MATH]ABC (as it is drawn), then the second part can be proved using the triangle inequality).
I think I was misreading the B as a R.

It is almost impossible to provide help on proofs because we do not what axioms and previous theorems are available to you.

First is should be obvious that angles PRC and RCP are smaller than angles ARC and ACR. Then apply trigonometry to right triangles ARQ and PCQ where Q is the foot of the perpendiculars from A and P to RC.

(If [MATH]\bigtriangleup[/MATH]PBC has to be wholly within [MATH]\bigtriangleup[/MATH]ABC (as it is drawn), then the second part can be proved using the triangle inequality).
I think I was misreading the B as a R.
I didn't know the theorem's name thanks for that. For the second part, because it is said that P is a point inside the triangle (sorry for not mentioning it), x+y will be less than b+c.

Yes the extra information is needed to see what we can 'take for granted' from the picture that they have drawn.
You are right x+y<b+c, but the question is how might you prove it?

The proof must work for a set of triangles like this, containing obtuse angles:
triangle.jpg
(That's why it's important to know that P simply has to be within [MATH]\bigtriangleup[/MATH]ABC and that there is no special restriction on the angles).

For the sake of completeness. Here is a proof:
1618402654944.png

and the argument clearly applies to a triangle with an obtuse angle too:
1618402723979.png