proofs

sarahm105

i need help!!!!!!! on this proof! : when two lines intersect, the measures of vertical angles are equal.

Hi Sarah:

I don't know what kind of help that you need because you did not ask any questions of your own about this exercise.

Do you understand the definition of vertical angles?

Do you understand the definition of supplementary angles?

Do you have any experience writing proofs?

If the answers to these questions are yes, yes, and yes, then here's a hint to think about:

Two angles with the same supplement are congruent.

If the answers to these questions are no, no, and no, then you need to back up. 8-)

Please let us know what you're thinking.

Cheers ~ Mark

i dont understand any of it! i graduate in like a week and a half and i did proofs a long time ago. but i need to work on them! :(

Hi:

Okay; thank you. I now understand that you don't remember stuff like congruency, supplementary angles, vertical angles.

Covering all of this material would be like teaching a class; these boards are not a classroom, but there are lessons elsewhere.

You could check out some of the sites below, for review. If you have a specific question about a particular step or definition, feel free to come back here and post it. 8-)

Click here for sites that discuss this proof.

Click here for an index containing basic geometry videos (scroll down to end of page).