Proportionality Multiple Choice Question

S_100

1631477315104.png

I got the answer as 400(B) which is wrong and the actual answer is supposedly(E). The way I worked out my answer was by stating Volume (of Frustum) is proportional to the height of the frustum. Since height ratio or depth ratio is 4:5 for the regular and large drink respectively, I then multiplied the volume by 5/4 as a result of this proportionality. This lead me to 400. But this is wrong.

Please help!

View attachment 28866

I got the answer as 400(B) which is wrong and the actual answer is supposedly(E). The way I worked out my answer was by stating Volume (of Frustum) is proportional to the height of the frustum. Since height ratio or depth ratio is 4:5 for the regular and large drink respectively, I then multiplied the volume by 5/4 as a result of this proportionality. This lead me to 400. But this is wrong.

Please help!
No, for similar figures, volume is not proportional to height. If you had two cubes with sides 1 and 2, their volumes would be 1 and 8, so the ratio would be 1:8, not 1:2. In general, the ratio of volumes is the cube of the ratio of sides.