Propositional Logic

kohosoul

Hi, i have a question on this task below. I do NOT want the answer... I just don't know how exactly they want me to answer it. I am not sure if this could be answered using a flow chart or an if else statement? It's not very clear how this should be answered.... If someone could just point me in the right direction on how i can begin to answer and tackle this task?

Thank you very much.

""An Expert System Shell uses an inference engine to apply the laws of propositional logic to a
domain base to deduce a recommended course of action.
Demonstrate how a set of conditions\circumstances may be analysed against a set of
entrance criteria to determine if an applicant is eligible to gain a place on an academic
course (e.g. Extended Diploma in ##, HNC in #@, Degree in @@, etc.) using propositional
logic.
(As well as showing the logical mathematics that form the foundation of the solution,
describe what is going on within the Expert System in plain English)""

This was the hint:

An appreciation of how this is mirrored by the actions of the expert systems – using
assumptions,
e.g.(Qualification ˄ Qualification ) ˅ (Qualification ˄ Condition )→Course ˅ Course ˅ Course, to formulate an argument that may be presented with a given
degree of certainty.