Providing Feedback on Math Solutions

jimmyxnn

My homework is to explain the understanding of each work and provide feedback using these prompts, but I'm just not sure how to do so.
  • Logically correct: Is the mathematics in the work correct? If not, have you provided revisions to correct the work? These revisions/corrections should be as close to the original idea as possible.
  • Easy to read: Does the work flow? Can you point to lines, text or formats that make it easy to read? Can you offer text, lines, or formats that would make it easy to read (i.e., offer revisions.
  • Mathematically sophisticated: Can you offer ideas or different solution strategies that would make the mathematics more sophisticated?
  • Concise: Are there ideas that could be communicated more concisely? Can you revise text or revise the presentation of ideas that make the response more concise.
  • Clear: Can someone make sense of the ideas? Are there ideas/text that need to be elaborated upon? Does something need to be added so that the reader can understand the student’s thinking? Did you offer revisions or text to add?
Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 5.35.42 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-25 at 5.36.19 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-25 at 5.36.51 PM.png
Response A. Response B. Response C

It seems very straightforward to me. Apply the questions you were given to each response. Also imagine that you were the person that assigned the work. What would your standards be for an acceptable response? Use those to help you evaluate each piece, along with the prompts that you were provided. Put yourself in the mindset of the grader.