Proving the Trig Identity

orung

I have been stuck on this problem with no idea how to even begin trying to prove the equation is equal.

Here is the problem with Instructions(#39):
WIN_20200917_12_51_45_Pro.jpg
"Verify the Identity"

I dont know how to begin the problem, and i dont know how the absolute value of the cos plays into this.

Please help!

I have been stuck on this problem with no idea how to even begin trying to prove the equation is equal.

View attachment 21703
"Verify the Identity"

I dont know how to begin the problem, and i dont know how the absolute value of the cos plays into this.

A good starting point for this will be to work on the LHS, multiplying numerator and denominator of the fraction by (1 + sin(x)). When you simplify that, you should start to see why this is a good idea; it's a nice tool to keep in your back pocket.

View attachment 21703
"Verify the Identity"

Please help!
What is \(\sqrt {\dfrac{{1 + \sin (\theta )}}{{1 - \sin (\theta )}}} \cdot \sqrt {\dfrac{{1 + \sin (\theta )}}{{1 + \sin (\theta )}}} = ~?\)