puzzle in the "liber al vel legis" (1904)

kranwan

does anyone know this puzzle and has seen a solution like the following before: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008303142425

i hope it's ok to post it in this subforum. i will not try defend the puzzles ideological background nor comment on aleister crowley himself, i'd just like to treat it AS IF IT WERE an actual puzzle. the original cipher / puzzle / riddle as found in the "liber al vel legis" (or "book of the law"), respectively as it is traditionally multiplied (4638ABK24ALGMOR3YX2489RPSTOVAL) is "translated" into letters only, then into numbers only. i think the most important step is the "double translation". it brings up the question of how to treat the number 24 (as either the letter X or the letters B and D), and then the question of how to reunite the number- and letter part which are split at first.

again, this is the "puzzle" i'm taking about: 4638ABK24ALGMOR3YX2489RPSTOVAL

this is the "solution":
11390184_1618701798416576_4690982137751910825_n.jpg

what do you think about this way to attack the puzzle?

e-he. it's a simple maths puzzle, "get a life".

Last edited:
i don't, this is purely experimental. the solution just tries to treat is as a "normal" mathematical puzzle and sees where it gets that way.

Last edited:
Beer soaked ramblings follow.
Btw, this is the deranged person (worse than Sir Jonah and me combined!)
What!?? Just me and Sir Denis? That won't do at all. Why only a duet Sir Denis when we can clearly make more beautiful music with our good friend Sir Dexter as a trio? With thy eagle eyed caffeine powered rants, my beer soaked ramblings, combined with Sir Dexter's delighful tobacco and coke soaked paranoid and bitter (and sometimes incoherent) but extremely detailed mumblings, I'm almost certain we three can come up with something that is slightly better than just deranged. If Sir lookagain would be so kind as to join us to form an orchestra with his/her 100% certainty views, well, I'm sure you can just imagine what a wonderful world this would be.
that apparently set that "whatever puzzle" of yours:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Wicca & Witchcraft/aleister_crowley.htm

How do you know that it has a solution?
Again, What!?? Are you saying you were actually able to get past the title of that mind numbing literature? Methinks you drank way too much coffee that time. I don't think even me Lady Absinthe can make me read past the first sentence. At least that's what me beer goggles are saying right now. Results may vary with actual absinthe in me bloodstream. Crockpottery always did have a soft spot in me heart.