Quadratic equation x intercepts.

Zeeko

Working through a question where it is asking to find the x-intercepts of the quadratic equation:

y = −7.291x + 5.771x − 0.502

I have calculated, using the quadratic formula:

x1 = -6.067 to three decimal places

and

x2 = -5.475 to 3 decimal places.

However, all the online calculators I have checked are consistently giving me two different answers. Can someone please help me find out where it is I’m going wrong?

Working through a question where it is asking to find the x-intercepts of the quadratic equation:

and

However, all the online calculators I have checked are consistently giving me two different answers. Can someone please help me find out where it is I’m going wrong?

Above is NOT a quadratic equation - there is no square term in it.

Please review your post and post corrected problem.

and

I pointed out your mistakes on the other forum, you replied: "Very silly mistake on my part, but now the answers match up with the online calculators."
So, why are you posting here if your answers "match up"?

and

I am curious: how did you calculate

[MATH]\dfrac{ 1.521 \pm \sqrt{1.521^2 - 4(0)(-0.502)}}{2 * 0}[/MATH]?