question about "less than 1": I want to express this: Thing 1 + thing 2 ≠ less than 1. Can I write this as: X+X≠>1

Omatic

Hi.
I want to express this:
Thing 1 + thing 2 ≠ less than 1.
Can I write this as:
X+X≠>1

This is not to express something in math with numbers but to illustrate something. I just want to check that it is correct and makes sense :)
Ty for any answers and help :)

Hi.
I want to express this:
Can I write this as:
X+X≠>1

Your symbolism seems (I think) to be saying "is not equal to, but is greater than". Is this what you mean?

Ops i wrote the wrong symbol over here, sorry about that. I meant to use the "<" symbol.
So if I write: X+X≠<1
Do I then express: thing 1 + thing 2 is not equal to less than 1?

Hi.
I want to express this:
Can I write this as:
X+X≠>1

This is not to express something in math with numbers but to illustrate something. I just want to check that it is correct and makes sense :)
Please say in words what you want the symbol to mean! Using an invalid symbol to ask your question doesn't work well. What you wrote would be literally "is not equal to less than 1" and "is not equal to is greater than 1", which is incorrect grammar.

If you want to say, "is not less than 1" ([imath]x\cancel{<}1[/imath]), then you want "is greater than or equal to": [imath]x\ge1[/imath].

If you want to say, "is not greater than or equal to 1" ([imath]x\cancel{\ge}1[/imath]), then "is less than" would work: [imath]x<1[/imath].

Hi.
I want to express this:
Can I write this as:
X+X≠>1

Why not state:

(x1 + x2) ≥1

My messages need to be approved so my answers are pretty delayed.
To describe what i want to express in words:
"Thing1 + thing 2 is not equal to less than 1"
As i stated above, this is not to express something mathematically, but illustrate something. I'm autistic and i want to state:
A person + autism is not equal to less than 1(person). As a way to say that autistic people are not less but equal to all other humans.
Is it correct then to state it like this? "Person+autism≠<1"

Again, thank you for all your help :)

To describe what i want to express in words:
"Thing1 + thing 2 is not equal to less than 1"
As i stated above, this is not to express something mathematically, but illustrate something. I'm autistic and i want to state:
A person + autism is not equal to less than 1(person). As a way to say that autistic people are not less but equal to all other humans.
Is it correct then to state it like this? "Person+autism≠<1"

You're making up your own notation to describe a non-mathematical concept. Mathematics cannot tell you if your invented statement is "correct", as mathematics does not apply to your context.

Thing 1 + thing 2 allows for the two things to be different. The problem is that X and X are not different. Why not use X and Y or X1 and X2 as already suggested.