Question on Laws of sets (not sure which forum to post in)

bushra1175

I was looking at this example in the textbook and I don't understand how the expression changed from the second-last to the last line using the laws of sets (please see the purple arrow). I have included the laws of sets in the textbook for reference. I understand all the laws used up until that point.

1613617606660.png
1613617674174.png

1613615017218.png

I'm struggling to identify which law was applied as the results don't match any. All help will be greatly appreciated.

I was looking at this example in the textbook and I don't understand how the expression changed from the second-last to the last line using the laws of sets (please see the purple arrow). I have included the laws of sets in the textbook for reference. I understand all the laws used up until that point.

View attachment 25162
View attachment 25164

View attachment 25159

I'm struggling to identify which law was applied as the results don't match any. All help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for including all necessary information!

It's your law 4, \(A\cap U=A\). (Together with the commutative law, implicitly.) This is really a special case of 20.

(A' ∪ B') is some set. The universal set U has all the elements for this problem. Now which elements are in both (A' ∪ B') and U. Surely the answer is (A' ∪ B') because every element in (A' ∪ B') is in U