Question on ratio

Grace20

Hi I am confused with this question on ratio- can someone please explain the answer?

A teacher was planning a school trip to Germany. Each pupil was to be allowed €100 spending money. At the time she planned the trip £1 was equivalent to €1.43. When the pupils went to Germany the exchange rate was £1= €1.38. How much more English money didi each pupil need to exchange to receive €100?

Hi I am confused with this question on ratio- can someone please explain the answer?

A teacher was planning a school trip to Germany. Each pupil was to be allowed €100 spending money. At the time she planned the trip £1 was equivalent to €1.43. When the pupils went to Germany the exchange rate was £1= €1.38. How much more English money didi each pupil need to exchange to receive €100?
I'll do a similar but different problem:

A teacher was planning a school trip to India from USA. Each pupil was to be allowed 3000 Rupees spending money. At the time she planned the trip $1 was equivalent to 50 Rupees. The day before the pupils went to India, the exchange rate was $1= 52.50 rupees. How much less dollars each pupil need to exchange to receive 3000 rupees?

3000 rupees ≡ (3000/50) = 60 dollars ....................... at previous exchange rate

3000 rupees ≡ (3000/52.5) = 57$14¢ ....................... at previous exchange rate

So students needed to bring 2$86¢ less during the trip.