Quick urgent help!

Ramulala

I'm stuck on a harmonic equation problem! There is the problem

A buoy oscillates in simple Harmonic as waves go past. The buoy moves a total of 16 feet from its high point to its low ponts, and it returns to its high point every 8 seconds. Write an equation that describes the motion of the buoy, where the high point to the corresponds to time t= 0.h(t)=

So the amplitude is 16 feet and period given is 8 seconds. What I'm confused about how to arrange this where time is corresponds to the buoy.
Is it going to like
Amplitude= 16
Period= 2π/8π = 1/4s

And how would I write it in a equation???

A buoy oscillates in simple Harmonic as waves go past. The buoy moves a total of 16 feet from its high point to its low ponts, and it returns to its high point every 8 seconds. Write an equation that describes the motion of the buoy, where the high point to the corresponds to time t= 0.h(t)=

So the amplitude is 16 feet and period given is 8 seconds. What I'm confused about how to arrange this where time is corresponds to the buoy.
Is it going to like
Amplitude= 16
Period= 2π/8π = 1/4s

And how would I write it in a equation???
The amplitude is not 16. Check that.

The period is 8 seconds; so how can you say it's 1/4 second? I think what you mean to be doing there is finding the coefficient of t using the given period (which is 8, not 8 π).

After fixing those, what function do you want to use (sine or cosine)? Then give it a try.

It says that it moves from 16 feets from high point to low point. Does that mean the amplitude is also 8??

I think The equation is y= 8sin 8πt

I think I am on right track. How do you find the amplitude?