Ratio question help

JC2020

Hi I am trying to improve my maths (book shows answers but not the working out) need some help with this question pls:

A farmer uses 70% of his land for agricultural purposes. With this 70% he grows corn : wheat : barley in a ratio of 3 : 1 : 5

a. what percentage of his land is dedicated to each of these crops?
b. If his farm is 200 acres what area is used for each? (this is the one I am struggling to work out)

If you could show me how to work this out, I would appreciate it.

Hi I am trying to improve my maths (book shows answers but not the working out) need some help with this question pls:

A farmer uses 70% of his land for agricultural purposes. With this 70% he grows corn : wheat : barley in a ratio of 3 : 1 : 5

a. what percentage of his land is dedicated to each of these crops?
b. If his farm is 200 acres what area is used for each? (this is the one I am struggling to work out)

If you could show me how to work this out, I would appreciate it.
You say:

You are struggling with part (b). Does that statement mean that you have solved part (a) ?

Please share work in detail for part (b). Solution of part (b) should be fairly simple after solving part (a).

Yes solved part (a). Don't know how to work out part (b)

Do you want me to post my answers for part (a)?

any help would be appreciated.

I think I worked it out:

200 / 100x 70 = 140

140 / 9 = 15.56

ratio to 3 : 1 : 5 = 46.67% : 15.56% : 77:78%

Yes solved part (a). Don't know how to work out part (b)

Do you want me to post my answers for part (a)?

any help would be appreciated.
Please post your solution, not just the answers.
Assuming your solution is correct - you are given the total and you have the percentages, do you know how to calculate the amounts corresponding to the percentages? E.g. what is 40% of 20?

I think I worked it out:

200 / 100x 70 = 140

140 / 9 = 15.56

You write:

That is incorrect!

If you add (46.67% + 15.56% + 77:78% ) - you get more than 100%. That cannot happen.

Where did it go wrong?

Was that your work for part(a)?