Raven matrix - II

willasd

Hi,

Please help me solve the attached image. If you could walk me through the answer that would be great!

Thanks!

Attachments

• received_462462371007283.png
    received_462462371007283.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 8
Looks like 7, based on the horizontal and vertical segments. Don't see the pattern in the diagonal segments.

Let me know if you figure this one out

Attachments

• 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    149.1 KB · Views: 3
Could you read the posting guidelines? If you have a bunch of those problems, maybe you should provide some context, explain what the difficulty is, etc.

Could you read the posting guidelines? If you have a bunch of those problems, maybe you should provide some context, explain what the difficulty is, etc.

sure, so its a pratice psychometric test. The aim is to find which of the eight options on the right fills the question mark. The option must complete the pattern in the 3x3 area. These problems are known as Raven Matrices.

Please follow the rules of posting at this forum, enunciated at:

https://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/read-before-posting.109846/

Please share your work/thoughts and context of the problem (what is the subject topic?) - so that we know where to begin to help you.

Sure, so its apart of a practice psychometric test. The aim is to find which of the eight options on the right fills the question mark. The option must complete the pattern in the 3x3 area. These problems are known as Raven Matrices.

I think it might be 2, however, what i can't understand is that some areas of the shapes are brought to the front or back of its shape.

I don't see how they can claim there is only one correct answer to these; they are much like the "what comes next in this sequence?" questions that we have recently discussed. There just isn't enough evidence of the pattern. The true indication of intelligence would be to refuse to answer.

I see two reasonable answers to this one, depending on whether you think of the white as white or transparent.