(Re-upload) A-Level circular Measure Question

kittenfelidae

There was a misunderstanding in my previous post of the same question.

Please advise on how to solve part (b) 'show that'

Also attached are my workings

Attempting to self learn Mathematics after nearly a decade. Please be compassionate no matter how stupid the questions are. Thank you

Attachments

• problem.png
    problem.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200429_122054.jpg
    20200429_122054.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 5
The angle in the answer is half the angle in the diagram. Can you add a line to construct this angle? You'll get a right triangle as a bonus. I think this triangle is used to calculate the area.

The angle in the answer is half the angle in the diagram. Can you add a line to construct this angle? You'll get a right triangle as a bonus. I think this triangle is used to calculate the area.
I appreciate your contribution but I'm afraid I don't understand. Also English is not my first language

I appreciate your contribution but I'm afraid I don't understand. Also English is not my first language
Can you draw the line that bisects the central angle? Do you see that it creates 2 right angle triangles? Can you express the legs of one of those triangles in terms of the hypotenuse and sin/cos? What would be its area?

Can you draw the line that bisects the central angle? Do you see that it creates 2 right angle triangles? Can you express the legs of one of those triangles in terms of the hypotenuse and sin/cos? What would be its area?
Okay I will try that. Thank you so much