Real life math problem: converting recipe amounts

devonrhodez

So, I found a recipe online that makes like a cinnamon toast thing. It calls for 12 slices of bread, 1/4 cup of butter, and 1/2 a cup of sugar with one teaspoon of cinnamon. The problem is, I don't want to make 12 slices of bread, I just want to use 2. How much butter, sugar and cinnamon will I need to use for just two slices?

So, I found a recipe online that makes like a cinnamon toast thing. It calls for 12 slices of bread, 1/4 cup of butter, and 1/2 a cup of sugar with one teaspoon of cinnamon. The problem is, I don't want to make 12 slices of bread, I just want to use 2. How much butter, sugar and cinnamon will I need to use for just two slices?
What fraction is 2 of 12? (Hint: Divide)

Multiply all the other amounts by this fraction to convert them from "for 12" to "for 2". ;)

If it is really a "real-life" mathe problem, it will be very difficult to make 1/6 of the reciepe!!

Invite two more friends and make 6 slices bread!!! That would be doable.