Recursive

faik mermer

Responsible for the outdoor swimming pool. The volume of the pool is 1,500 m3. One fifth of the pool water evaporates every day and 500 m3 of water is added to the pool on double days. How much water is in the pool on the 25th day after starting work? Use recursion.

Responsible for the outdoor swimming pool. The volume of the pool is 1,500 m3. One fifth of the pool water evaporates every day and 500 m3 of water is added to the pool on double days. How much water is in the pool on the 25th day after starting work? Use recursion.
This problem statement is not complete. It tells you the volume of the pool

But does not tell you how much water was in the pool at the beginning.

If this interpretation is incorrect please repost with correct interpretation. In addition:

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.​
Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:​
Please share your work/thoughts about this assignment.​

In the beginning, there is as much water as the pool volume. I did not find the solution.I tried very hard.

In the beginning, there is as much water as the pool volume. I did not find the solution.I tried very hard.
Please share your work/thoughts about this assignment, even if you think that the work was incorrect.

Please post a "photo-copy" of the given problem - just in case we are missing something important.

Question in Turkish.and I couldn't write much.

Attachments

• ayrıkmat.PNG
    ayrıkmat.PNG
    14.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200626_165320.jpg
    20200626_165320.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
I just typed this in...

Ahmet acik yuzme havuzundan sorumludur. Havuzun hacmi 1500m³ dur. Her gun havuz suyunun 1/5 u buharlasmaktadir ve cift gunlerde havuza 500m³ su ilave edilmektedir. Ahmet ise basladiktan sonra 25. Gunde havuzda ne kadar su vardir. Ozyineleme kullaniniz.

Running it through Google translate gives a result very similar to the OP...

Ahmet is responsible for the open swimming pool. The volume of the pool is 1500m³. 1/5 of the pool water is evaporated every day and 500m³ of water is added to the pool in double days. On the other hand, how much water is in the pool in the 25th day after Ahmet started. Use decoupling.

--

By "double days" I think it probably means "every other day". If so, then I think your f(2) might be wrong. I would assume the extra 500m³ is added at the end of the day, after two lots of evaporation have taken place. Therefore I'd write:-

f(2) = (1500*4/5) * 4/5 + 500

rather than

f(2) = (1500*4/5 + 500) * 4/5 - which assumes the 500 is added at the start of the day