Rounding number to nearest ao that is exactly divisible by 12 & 1000, split 80-20 w/o decimals

sabarick

Hi,
I have a problem in arathmatic.
I require a number to be rounded to its nearest ao that it is excatly divisible by 12, exactly divisible by 1000, split into 80% and 20% without leaving decimals.

How to arrive or roundoff the given number applying all the above constraints?
Thanks in advance..

I require a number to be rounded to its nearest ao that it is excatly divisible by 12, exactly divisible by 1000, split into 80% and 20% without leaving decimals.

What is the meaning of "rounded to its nearest 'ao'"?

What is "the given number"?

What have you tried so far? Where are you stuck? (And what topics have been covered recently in class?)

Please be complete. Thank you!

Eliz.

Hi,
I have a problem in arathmatic.
I require a number to be rounded to its nearest so that it is excatly divisible by 12, exactly divisible by 1000, split into 80% and 20% without leaving decimals.

Thanks in advance..
We may need to see the context of your question (where the number comes from, and why you want to do this). What you have written is not entirely clear. (I'm assuming this is not a school assignment, as that would have been worded more clearly!)

But if you are saying you want to find the nearest number that is divisible by 12, by 1000, and by 5 (so that 1/5 and 4/5 of the number are whole numbers), then you want a number that is a multiple of the LCM of 12, 1000, and 5. That LCM is 3000.

So divide your given number by 3000, round the result to the nearest whole number, and multiply by 3000.

For example, given the number 1234567, we would divide by 3000 to get 411.52..., round that to 412, and multiply that by 3000 to get 1,236,000. When this is divided by 12, we get 103,000; when it is multiplied by 80%, we get 988,800.