sampling distributions, standard deviations

isabel.preston

hello everyone, i am a bit stuck on this question for my homework. if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated :)

there has been no initial background to this question by the teacher expect that we have been working on standard deviations and descriptive regression.
  1. Suppose that monthly internet access fees for households average $58, with a standard deviation of $27. The distribution of internet access fees is skewed, with most households having cheaper plans, and a few paying much more. 500 randomly-selected households with Internet access were asked how much they pay per month.
    1. (a) State the distribution of the mean monthly access fee in such samples.
    2. (b) Why is it that you can identify the distribution in part (a)?
    3. (c) What is the chance that the mean monthly access fee in the sample would be less than $55?
    4. (d) How do we know the sample was representative of the population?

Last edited:
hello everyone, i am a bit stuck on this question for my homework. if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated :)
  1. Suppose that monthly internet access fees for households average $58, with a standard deviation of $27. The distribution of internet access fees is skewed, with most households having cheaper plans, and a few paying much more. 500 randomly-selected households with Internet access were asked how much they pay per month.
    1. (a) State the distribution of the mean monthly access fee in such samples.
    2. (b) Whyisitthatyoucanidentifythedistributioninpart(a)?
    3. (c) What is the chance that the mean monthly access fee in the sample would be less than $55?
    4. (d) Howdoweknowthesamplewasrepresentativeofthepopulation?
Please follow the rules of posting at this forum, enunciated at:

https://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/read-before-posting.109846/

Please share your work/thoughts and context of the problem (what is the subject topic?) - so that we know where to begin to help you