Schengen Visa Math

Xunt

Hello, first time here so sorry if this question is a repeat. I visited the EU Schengen area in a US visa 18th April and flew back 2nd June, lets call it 46 days used.
You are allowed to stay 90 days of any 180 day period.
Having trouble doing the math of when I can visit soonest with still having a full 90 days to use. Thank you and have a good day!

doing the math of when I can visit soonest with still having a full 90 days to use
Hi Xunt. Let's see. 180 days is 6×30 days, so that's about six months. (Some of those months have 31 days.) 180 days beginning April 18 ought to end shortly before the 18th of October (4 months plus 6 months is 10 ten months).

We can add the days. There's 30 days in April; that means 13 days remain after the 17th (30 days subtract 17 days is 13 days). May has 31 days. June has 30 days. July and August each have 31 days. September has 30 days. October has 31 days, and we're not sure how many to count, so let's count through the 18th day for now and then adjust.

13 + 31 + 30 + 31 + 31 + 30 + 18 = 184

Counting April 18 as the first day of a 180-day period makes October 18 the 184th day. Backing up four days, makes October 14 the 180th day. So, I'd say October 15th is the start of the next 180-day period.

:)

I was thinking that is a safe date, but wouldn't I have 44 days left over still, so does September 1st still allow me 90 days?

I was thinking that is a safe date, but wouldn't I have 44 days left over still, so does September 1st still allow me 90 days?
That's what my calculations show, after searching for details on the rules:

You can stay 90 days in any 180-day period within the Schengen area.​
When applying this rule, the following aspects should be taken into account:​
• The date of entry is considered as the first day of stay in the Schengen territory;​
• The date of exit is considered as the last day of stay in the Schengen territory;​
• The 180-day reference period is not fixed. It is a moving window, based on the approach of looking backwards​
at each day of the stay (be it at the moment of entry or at the day of an actual check, such as inland police​
control or border check upon departure);​
• Absence for an uninterrupted period of 90 days allows for a new stay for up to 90 days.​

You stayed from day 108 to day 153, which is 153-108+1=46 days; September 1 is day 244, so that when you've been there 44 more days, on day 244+44-1 = 287 (Oct 14), the previous 180 days will include only 44 days in the region, and you have another 46 days to stay, until day 244+90-1=333 (Nov 29). (The inclusive dating is a little confusing, but I think I got that right.)

One of several "Schengen visa calculators" agrees with me (though it makes a disclaimer, as I do). You may want to check with someone who knows the rules, rather than just someone who knows math and had never heard of the rules.

On the other hand, my searches revealed that the rules will be changing soon.

having a full 90 days to use
wouldn't I have 44 days left over still
Hi Xunt. I may have misunderstood your initial question. You'd mentioned having a "full" 90 days, so I'd thought you desired to visit for 90 consecutive days.

Dr. Peterson referenced a moving 180-day window. I'd thought the 180-day period was fixed, beginning on the day of entry.

Perhaps, it would be prudent for you to contact the agency that issued the visa, for clarification on the rules.

:)

[imath]\;[/imath]