Simple bill causing a debate

Fraser08

So if person A spends 9 pounds and Person B spends 3 pounds how much does person B have to pay person A so that they both end up paying the same amount? I think its £3 that person A is owned but someone else thinks differently.

So if person A spends 9 pounds and Person B spends 3 pounds how much does person B have to pay person A so that they both end up paying the same amount? I think its £3 that person A is owned but someone else thinks differently.

Indeterminate - if A and B did not get equal amount of material for their incurred expenses.

If A and B did get equal amount of material for their incurred expenses, then your thoughts are correct.

Together they paid a total of 9+ 3= £12. If they are both to "end up paying the same amount" they must each pay £6. That means that person B must pay £3 so that he will have wound up paying 3+ 3= £6 and A will have wound up paying 9- 3= £6.