Simplify exponents + variables

Please show us what you can do, so we can tell where you are stuck or wrong, and help where you need help.

See our guidelines:

Specifically, there are many orders in which you might do things, and if I told you where I'd start, it might not agree with your own inclinations (or even with what you've been taught), and you might wrongly think you were wrong.

Please show us what you can do, so we can tell where you are stuck or wrong, and help where you need help.

See our guidelines:

Specifically, there are many orders in which you might do things, and if I told you where I'd start, it might not agree with your own inclinations (or even with what you've been taught), and you might wrongly think you were wrong.

This is what I've been able to do so far. I'm not sure if I've done it correctly or if its in the simplest form.

((x-2y3+x3y6)(1/2)))/x-2y
= ((y3/x2)+x3y6)(1/2))/x-2
= (((y3+x5y6)/x2)(1/2))/(1/x2))
= x(y3+x5y6)(1/2)

Last edited:
This is what I've been able to do so far. I'm not sure if I've done it correctly or if its in the simplest form.

((x-2y3+x3y6)(1/2)))/x-2y
= ((y3/x2)+x3y6)(1/2))/x-2
= (((y3+x5y6)/x2)(1/2))/(1/x2))
= x(y3+x5y6)(1/2)
On the whole, that looks good. (I corrected a few typos above). Here are the only errors I see:
  1. You seem to have lost the y in the denominator -- assuming you meant ((x-2y3+x3y6)(1/2))/(x-2y)
  2. I thought I saw another error, but you'd just skipped a step
  3. At the end, you could factor out a y2 from the radicand, and pull it outside ... and that would cancel with the y you dropped at the start.