Sketching rough graph using x, f(x), f'(x), and f''(x)

promicoy

I was doing just fine in my class, but now that we're doing online classes I am so lost. I would really appreciate help.'

1586738364148.png

Part of the question seems to have been lost (what are you do circle?); also, you didn't tell us anything about what parts you understand, and where you are stuck.

If there is any part you can do, please show it in a sketch and explain your thinking in words. Then we can start from there.

As for how to start, I'd probably make little marks at the top or bottom showing the direction of the slope (/ or \) at each value of x, and the direction of curvature (u or n, so to speak). The third derivative may be useful just for fine-tuning your graph. Keep in mind that your answer will just be a rough sketch of a possible function, so there is a lot of latitude.

But don't neglect to check your textbook or notes for examples (probably simpler) of this process; and online office hours can be very useful! My school provides online tutor help as well, but students are not yet keeping me busy with that, which may be true for you too!