solve ln(3x+1) = ln(2x-8) .... log(x+2)=-log(x-1)+1

tavishneedshelp

hello please help on the following problems and show me your work if you will.

solve: ln(3x+1) = ln(2x-8) .... log(x+2)=-log(x-1)+1

expand the expression logx(1/3)y^6

condense the expression 3log(base 3)15 +2log(base3)x-log(base3)25

Re: ln(3x+1).....

sorry im kind of lost on these problems i would should you my work if i thought it was worth our time... showing me how to do these problems would be very nice though! :D

tavishneedshelp said:
sorry im kind of lost on these problems i would should you my work if i thought it was worth our time
The reason you were requested, in the "Read Before Posting" thread, to show your work is that the only way we can "see" your work (and thus "see" where you are having trouble) is if you provide said work.

Meanwhile, you have responded to your own message only a few moments after having posted the original message. To reiterate what you read in that "Read Before Posting" message, there is no paid staff waiting on-hand to provide guaranteed instant replies. To obtain such, please contract with a paid service which offers such.

tavishneedshelp said:
solve: ln(3x+1) = ln(2x-8) .... log(x+2)=-log(x-1)+1
I will guess that this is actually two different exercises, rather than one with two "equals" signs and an ellipses that we need to interpret.

The solution to the first equation involves nothing more than noting that, having "log(one expression) equals log(another expression)", you must have "(one expression) equals (another expression)", and then solving the resulting linear equation.

The solution to the second equation involves moving the one log from the right-hand side to the left-hand side of the equation, combining them into one log using log rules, and then converting the log equation to the equivalent exponential equation, using the relationship between the two forms. Then solve the resulting quadratic equation.

Remember, of course, to check your solutions in the original equation.

tavishneedshelp said:
expand the expression logx(1/3)y^6

condense the expression 3log(base 3)15 +2log(base3)x-log(base3)25
To learn how to expand and condense log expressions, please study the rules for logs.

Once you have learned the basic terms and techniques for logs, please attempt the exercises. If you get stuck, you will then be able to reply with a clear listing of your steps and reasoning so far.

Thank you! :D