Some sin/cos/tan help

G

well my teacher has been telling this to us ALL the time and for those who just cant remember he tells us this when dealing with triangles

SOHCAHTOA

its a acronym (signalism if you must get specific) and it stands for

Sine= Opposite / hypotnuse , Cosine = Adjecent / hypotnuse, Tangent = Opposite/ adjecent

I think if you remember how this is spelled you will never forget how to solve for those pesky triangles

if you are dealing with right triangles you must first determine if it has one 30, 60 and 90 degree angle OR a two 45 one 90 type right triangle

if its a 30, 60, 90 then:

Base= 1
Hypotnuse= 2
Side = square root of 3

if its 45, 45, 90 then:

Base= 1
Hypotnuse= square root of 2
Side = 1

example:

you have a 30, 60, 90 RIGHT triangle and the base has a width of 3, that would mean that the hypotnuse is doulbe that (6) and the side would equal 3 x square root of 3

you can also reverse it if you want to find out the base or any other side

This is my first post and I look forward to be posting more on here. I will most likely not use the geometry boards as much because I am moving to algebra 2 (forgot to double up) then I will be moving up to Trig which will land me right back here

I'm sorry to be obtuse, but I'm afraid I'm not clear on quite what your question is...?

Please reply with specifics. Thank you.

Eliz.

im not really asking anything im just giving people some info that helped me ALOT. sorry for misleading topic and I should have changed it