Special Tutor Category?

It wouldn't be a contest, really. The regulars here are mature enough to not let such a thing happen. Besides, you could argue the same thing about post counts.

I like the idea of help points although I think you should be able to choose from a range 1 or 2 put in to words like
1=they asked leading questions forever!
2= they helped me understand the concepts etc.
I often come here when I need help with concepts, and people will ask leading questions, sometimes this enough, but often it isn't. It gets frustrating sometimes because its like if I knew the answer I wouldn't be asking. Explaining one problem to someone is not doing their homework for them, although it gets their hmk done cause then they know how to do it.
But then again the whole rating system is kind of pointless because its not as if because you have less points you can't give someone help, its not as if the person is choosing a tutor from a list of tutors, the tutors choosing to help them .
(you ought to have a system to rate students, this student wants us to do their homework, this student is not teachable this student is good at listening)

I just passed my first anniversary hanging around FreeMathHelp. How about time and lengevity points?

P.S. I hope I've been helpful many more times than I've been irritating.

kaebun said:
(you ought to have a system to rate students, this student wants us to do their homework, this student is not teachable this student is good at listening)
That system most definetly will not work. Many people here make new usernames often and could care less about such a system.

TKH, have you clicked on memberlist? Interesting sorts.
----------------
Gene

Yes, many times, but there is no sort for "irritating". :?

daon said:
kaebun said:
That system most definetly will not work. Many people here make new usernames often and could care less about such a system.
I was joking :)