Strangle Confidence Interval / Error Interval for dataset [4.3, 1.5, 2.8, 3.8, 9, 0, 4.5, 1.2, -1, 1.3, 9.3, 6.6, 6]

pickslides

I have the following dataset [4.3, 1.5, 2.8, 3.8, 9, 0, 4.5, 1.2, -1, 1.3, 9.3, 6.6, 6] and an organisation I work with has created a confidence interval from the data with a

low value = 1.3,

estimate = 2.8,

and high value = 4.2.

I'm not sure how these low, estimate and high have been calculated as the mean is not the mid point. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks Q

I have the following dataset [4.3, 1.5, 2.8, 3.8, 9, 0, 4.5, 1.2, -1, 1.3, 9.3, 6.6, 6] and an organisation I work with has created a confidence interval from the data with a

low value = 1.3,

estimate = 2.8,

and high value = 4.2.

I'm not sure how these low, estimate and high have been calculated as the mean is not the mid point. Do you have any suggestions?

Since we can't see their work, and they haven't stated which confidence interval this is (a 95% confidence interval? a 99% confidence interval?), we can't know, either. However, it is likely possible to estimate, if you do your own calculations.

What have you learned about computing confidence intervals? What formulas have they given you in class (or in your work training)? How far have you gotten in finding, say, your own 90% confidence interval?

Please be complete. Thank you!

low value = 1.3,

estimate = 2.8,

and high value = 4.2.

Thanks Q
What do they say this is a confidence interval for? That is, what are they estimating?

This doesn't look like a confidence interval for the mean of the population from which this sample is drawn, so it may be something else entirely. We'll need to see exactly what they claim to have done.