Struggling to understand harversian formula

mathslearner2021

Hi,

I was struggling to understand the harversian formula

Also, struggling to find a good automatically drawing tool or pictorial representation of diagrams for the given formula

Even if it is commercial version not an issue.

Can someone help me with the details as well as good tool online or commercial or open source to learn things?

Thanks

Hi,

Also, struggling to find a good automatically drawing tool or pictorial representation of diagrams for the given formula

Can someone help me with the details as well as good tool online or commercial or open source to learn things?

Thanks
Have you tried Google?

My best guess (and Google's too) is that you mean Haversine Formula.

But what is it that you don't understand about it? For that matter, what source do you have for it that you are not understanding?

And what do you mean by "a good automatically drawing tool"?

The "haversine", "half versedsine", "half versed sine", is defined as "half the versed sine" so "half of 1- cosine".

My question is "why are you asking this?". The haversine (as well as the versed sine) have been pretty much outdated for decades.