Stuck on this word problem

michaelscarnnn

The total profit made by a social club by putting on a concert is modelled by P = 950c – 9.5c2,
where P is the profit, in dollars, and c is the price of the tickets, in dollars.
What ticket price would result in no profit?

I assume that c2 means c2. In the future please write c^2.

More importantly what have you tried? Where are you stuck? On this forum we prefer to help you solve your problem instead of just doing it for you.

I assume that c2 means c2. In the future please write c^2.

More importantly what have you tried? Where are you stuck? On this forum we prefer to help you solve your problem instead of just doing it for you.
Sorry for that mistake! i'll be sure to double check next time, c2 does mean c^2.
I'm having trouble on where to start with this question to solve it.

The total profit made by a social club by putting on a concert is modelled by P = 950c – 9.5c2,
where P is the profit, in dollars, and c is the price of the tickets, in dollars.
What ticket price would result in no profit?
When there is no profit what would be the value of P?

… What ticket price would result in no profit?
Hi michael. I'm assuming that "no profit" means "break even". That is, there are ticket prices that result in a loss; some people might consider a loss to be "no profit", but since they've also asked for "what ticket price" and not "prices" I'd say they want the positive value of c that makes P zero.

Is that how you read the exercise? If so, then set P equal to zero, and solve that equation for c using any method you've learned.

Please show what you've tried, if you need more help. Thanks.

?